In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Government Property Inspectors and Investigators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Government Property Inspectors and Investigators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
Here is a list of tasks that Government Property Inspectors and Investigators do every day.
- Prepare correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations or recommendations for action.
- Examine records, reports, or other documents to establish facts or detect discrepancies.
- Monitor investigations of suspected offenders to ensure that they are conducted in accordance with constitutional requirements.
- Inspect manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits, as well as alleged license or permit violations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Government Property Inspectors and Investigators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Collect, identify, evaluate, or preserve case evidence.
- Coordinate with or assist law enforcement agencies in matters of mutual concern.
- Locate and interview plaintiffs, witnesses, or representatives of business or government to gather facts relevant to inspections or alleged violations.
- How many hours do Government Property Inspectors and Investigators work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Learn more about Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
Related careers to Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
This career is also closely related to Adjustment Examiner, Admeasurer, Airport Operations Officer, Appraiser, Asset Manager, Building Inspector, Compliance Analyst, Compliance Auditor, Compliance Coordinator or Compliance Manager.