In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Foresters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Foresters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ENVIRONMENTAL-SCIENCE, ENVIRONMENTAL-MANAGEMENT, WILDLIFE-FORESTRY, BIOLOGY, ENVIRONMENTAL-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Foresters
Here is a list of tasks that Foresters do every day.
- Supervise activities of other forestry workers.
- Procure timber from private landowners.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Foresters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities to assure adherence to government regulations.
- Plan and supervise forestry projects, such as determining the type, number and placement of trees to be planted, managing tree nurseries, thinning forest and monitoring growth of new seedlings.
- Determine methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage.
- Perform inspections of forests or forest nurseries.
- Plan and direct forest surveys and related studies and prepare reports and recommendations.
- How many hours do Foresters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Foresters
Related careers to Foresters
This career is also closely related to Area Forester, Chief Unit Forester, Environmental Protection Forester, Extension Forester, Fire Prevention Forester, Forest Examiner, Forest Manager, Forest Pathologist, Forest Practices Field Coordinator or Forest Supervisor.