In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TEACHING, SPORTS-FITNESS-NUTRITION, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION-WITH-A-SPORTS-MANAGEMENT-CONCENTRATION, SPORTS-FITNESS-NUTRITION, YOGA” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
Here is a list of tasks that Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors do every day.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Evaluate individuals’ abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitor participants’ progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training equipment such as trampolines and weights.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment.
- How many hours do Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
Related careers to Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
This career is also closely related to Aerobics Instructor, Aerobics Teacher, Exercise Specialist, Exercise Teacher, Exerciser, Fitness Coordinator, Fitness Director, Fitness Instructor, Fitness Specialist or Fitness Teacher.