In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
Here is a list of tasks that Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators do every day.
- Release air bubbles and smooth seams, using rollers.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures, using brushes.
- How many hours do Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
Related careers to Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
This career is also closely related to Boat Assembler, Boat Builder, Boat Carpenter, Chopper Gun Operator, Composite Bond Technician, Composite Mechanic, Composite Technician, Fiberglass Boat Builder, Fiberglass Boat Finisher or Fiberglass Boat Maker.