In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fence Erectors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fence Erectors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fence Erectors
Here is a list of tasks that Fence Erectors do every day.
- Establish the location for a fence, and gather information needed to ensure that there are no electric cables or water lines in the area.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
- Measure and lay out fence lines and mark posthole positions, following instructions, drawings, or specifications.
- Dig postholes, using spades, posthole diggers, or power-driven augers.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Fence Erectors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Nail top and bottom rails to fence posts, or insert them in slots on posts.
- Weld metal parts together, using portable gas welding equipment.
- Blast rock formations and rocky areas with dynamite to facilitate posthole digging.
- How many hours do Fence Erectors work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Open Vehicle or Equipment
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Fence Erectors
Related careers to Fence Erectors
This career is also closely related to Chain Link Fence Installer, Fence Builder, Fence Erector, Fence Installer, Fence Installer Helper, Fence Laborer, Fence Repairman, Wire Fence Builder, Wire Fence Erector or Wood Fence Erector.