In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Environmental Engineering Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Environmental Engineering Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ENVIRONMENTAL-ENGINEERING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Environmental Engineering Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Environmental Engineering Technicians do every day.
- Maintain project logbook records or computer program files.
- Perform environmental quality work in field or office settings.
- Decontaminate or test field equipment used to clean or test pollutants from soil, air, or water.
- Review work plans to schedule activities.
- Improve chemical processes to reduce toxic emissions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Environmental Engineering Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Produce environmental assessment reports, tabulating data and preparing charts, graphs, or sketches.
- Collect and analyze pollution samples, such as air or ground water.
- Maintain process parameters and evaluate process anomalies.
- Inspect facilities to monitor compliance with regulations governing substances such as asbestos, lead, or wastewater.
- Develop work plans, including writing specifications or establishing material, manpower, or facilities needs.
- How many hours do Environmental Engineering Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Environmental Engineering Technicians
Related careers to Environmental Engineering Technicians
This career is also closely related to Air Analysis Engineering Technician, Air Analysis Technician, Air Analyst, Air Pollution Specialist, Air Quality Instrument Specialist, Engineer Technician, Engineering Technician, Environmental Engineering Aide, Environmental Engineering Assistant or Environmental Engineering Technician.