In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Endoscopy Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Endoscopy Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY, HEALTHCARE-TECHNOLOGY, MEDICAL-ASSISTING, PHYSICIANS-ASSISTANT, REHABILITATION-THERAPY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Endoscopy Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Endoscopy Technicians do every day.
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
- Maintain or repair endoscopic equipment.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Endoscopy Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct in-service training sessions to disseminate information regarding equipment or instruments.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in endoscopy.
- How many hours do Endoscopy Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Endoscopy Technicians
Related careers to Endoscopy Technicians
This career is also closely related to Endoscopic Technician, Endoscopy Technician, Gastroenterology Technician, Gastrointestinal Technician (GI Technician), , , , , or .