In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Electronics Engineering Technologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Electronics Engineering Technologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Electronics Engineering Technologists
Here is a list of tasks that Electronics Engineering Technologists do every day.
- Modify, maintain, and repair electronics equipment and systems to ensure that they function properly.
- Integrate software or hardware components, using computer, microprocessor, or control architecture.
- Assemble or analyze electronics technologies to be used in electric-drive vehicles.
- Evaluate operational aspects of green consumer electronics applications, such as fuel cells for consumer electronic devices, power saving devices for computers or televisions, or energy efficient power chargers.
- Participate in the development or testing of new green electronics technologies, such as lighting, optical data storage devices, or energy efficient televisions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Electronics Engineering Technologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set up and operate specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
- Troubleshoot microprocessors or electronic instruments, equipment, or systems, using electronic test equipment such as logic analyzers.
- Replace defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Inspect newly installed equipment to adjust or correct operating problems.
- Prepare or maintain design, testing, or operational records and documentation.
- How many hours do Electronics Engineering Technologists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Electronics Engineering Technologists
Related careers to Electronics Engineering Technologists
This career is also closely related to Circuit Designer, Computer Engineering Technologist, Electronic Parts Designer, Electronic Technologist, Electronics Department Manager, Electronics Engineering Technologist, Electronics Technician, Electronics Technology Department Chair, Electronics Technology Instructor or Instrumentation Technologist.