In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Costume Attendants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Costume Attendants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Costume Attendants
Here is a list of tasks that Costume Attendants do every day.
- Distribute costumes or related equipment and keep records of item status.
- Arrange costumes in order of use to facilitate quick-change procedures for performances.
- Clean and press costumes before and after performances and perform any minor repairs.
- Assign lockers to employees and maintain locker rooms, dressing rooms, wig rooms, or costume storage or laundry areas.
- Provide assistance to cast members in wearing costumes, or assign cast dressers to assist specific cast members with costume changes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Costume Attendants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Check the appearance of costumes on stage or under lights to determine whether desired effects are being achieved.
- Examine costume fit on cast members and sketch or write notes for alterations.
- How many hours do Costume Attendants work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Learn more about Costume Attendants
Related careers to Costume Attendants
This career is also closely related to Clothing Supervisor, Costume Cutter, Costume Designer, Costume Draper, Costume Dresser, Costume Mistress, Costume Seamstress, Costume Shop Coordinator, Costume Shop Manager or Costume Specialist.