In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Cost Estimators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Cost Estimators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATERIALS-ENGINEERING, MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Cost Estimators
Here is a list of tasks that Cost Estimators do every day.
- (Information coming soon)
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Cost Estimators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- How many hours do Cost Estimators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Cost Estimators
Related careers to Cost Estimators
This career is also closely related to Building Construction Estimator, Building Estimator, Construction Estimator, Construction Job Cost Estimator, Contract Analyst, Cost Analyst, Cost Estimator, Cost Recovery/Investment Recovery Technician, Crating and Moving Estimator or Design Consultant.