In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Copy Writers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Copy Writers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMMUNICATIONS-MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS-MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS-MEDIA, JOURNALISM, MULTIMEDIA-COMMUNICATIONS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Copy Writers
Here is a list of tasks that Copy Writers do every day.
- Write to customers in their terms and on their level so that the advertiser’s sales message is more readily received.
- Discuss with the client the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy.
- Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast, or internet media to promote the sale of goods and services.
- Present drafts and ideas to clients.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Copy Writers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop advertising campaigns for a wide range of clients, working with an advertising agency’s creative director and art director to determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Conduct research and interviews to determine which of a product’s selling features should be promoted.
- Invent names for products and write the slogans that appear on packaging, brochures and other promotional material.
- Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products.
- How many hours do Copy Writers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Copy Writers
Related careers to Copy Writers
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Ad Copy Writer, Ad Writer, Advertising Account Executive, Advertising Associate, Advertising Copy Writer, Advertising Copywriter, Advertising Specialist, Advertising Writer or Blurb Writer.