In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Computer and Information Research Scientists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Computer and Information Research Scientists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Computer and Information Research Scientists
Here is a list of tasks that Computer and Information Research Scientists do every day.
- Analyze problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software.
- Design computers and the software that runs them.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Computer and Information Research Scientists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assign or schedule tasks to meet work priorities and goals.
- Evaluate project plans and proposals to assess feasibility issues.
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technology, such as adapting principles for applying computers to new uses.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to determine computing needs and system requirements.
- Meet with managers, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- How many hours do Computer and Information Research Scientists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Computer and Information Research Scientists
Related careers to Computer and Information Research Scientists
This career is also closely related to Applications Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Specialist, Bioinformatics Software Engineer, Computational Linguist, Computational Theory Scientist, Computer Engineer, Computer Science Professor, Computer Scientist, Control System Computer Scientist or Engineering Director.