In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Clinical Psychologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Clinical Psychologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PSYCHOLOGY, CHILD-DEVELOPMENTAL-PSYCHOLOGY, CLINICAL-PSYCHOLOGY, COUNSELING, SCHOOL-COUNSELING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Clinical Psychologists
Here is a list of tasks that Clinical Psychologists do every day.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Use a variety of treatment methods, such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama, and play therapy.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Clinical Psychologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories by interviewing individuals, couples, or families and by reviewing records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or treatments and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, modifying plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Refer clients to other specialists, institutions, or support services as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant research.
- How many hours do Clinical Psychologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Clinical Psychologists
Related careers to Clinical Psychologists
This career is also closely related to Behavior Analyst, Behavior Specialist, Behavior Therapist, Behavioral Analyst, Behavioral Psychologist, Behavioral Specialist, Behavioral Therapist, Chief Psychologist, Chief Psychologist/Director of Counseling and Self-Development or Chief, Psychology.