In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Civil Engineering Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Civil Engineering Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CIVIL-ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION-ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Civil Engineering Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Civil Engineering Technicians do every day.
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Civil Engineering Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Respond to public suggestions and complaints.
- Report maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and negotiate changes to resolve system conflicts.
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- How many hours do Civil Engineering Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Civil Engineering Technicians
Related careers to Civil Engineering Technicians
This career is also closely related to Bridge Construction Inspector, Civil Designer, Civil Engineer Helper, Civil Engineer’s Aide, Civil Engineering Assistant, Civil Engineering Designer, Civil Engineering Technician, Concrete Engineering Technician, Construction Analyst or Construction Inspector.