In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CARDIOVASCULAR-TECHNOLOGY, PHYSICIANS-ASSISTANT, PHYSICIANS-ASSISTANT, CARDIOVASCULAR-TECHNOLOGY, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians do every day.
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients’ cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Monitor patients’ blood pressure and heart rate using electrocardiogram (EKG) equipment during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to notify the physician if something appears wrong.
- Obtain and record patient identification, medical history, or test results.
- Monitor patients’ comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- How many hours do Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Radiation
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
Related careers to Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
This career is also closely related to ARRT Technologist (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Technologist), Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Technologist, Cardiac Catheterization Special Procedures Technologist, Cardiac Catheterization Technician, Cardiac Catheterization Technologist, Cardiac Technician, Cardiograph Operator, Cardiographer, Cardiology Technician or Cardiology Technologist.