In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACCOUNTING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks do every day.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Operate 1-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Prepare trial balances of books.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Calculate and prepare checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
- Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
- How many hours do Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks
Related careers to Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks
This career is also closely related to Account Administrator, Account Clerk, Account Information Clerk, Account Receivable Clerk, Accountant, Accountant Assistant, Accountant Clerk, Accountant Helper, Accounting Analyst or Accounting Assistant.