In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”EDUCATION-TECHNOLOGY, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists do every day.
- Set up, adjust, and operate audio-visual equipment, such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars, and video conferences.
- Maintain hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audio-visual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Instruct users in the selection, use, and design of audio-visual materials and assist them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Perform simple maintenance tasks, such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Confer with teachers to select course materials and to determine which training aids are best suited to particular grade levels.
- Produce rough and finished graphics and graphic designs.
- How many hours do Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists
Related careers to Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists
This career is also closely related to Audio Video Technician, Audio Visual Coordinator, Audio Visual Secretary, Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician, Audio-Visual Arts Director, Audio-Visual Collections Coordinator, Audio-Visual Director, Audio-Visual Specialist or Audiovisual Production Specialist.