In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Real Estate Appraisers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Real Estate Appraisers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”REAL-ESTATE, REAL-ESTATE, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Real Estate Appraisers
Here is a list of tasks that Real Estate Appraisers do every day.
- Compute final estimation of property values, taking into account such factors as depreciation, replacement costs, value comparisons of similar properties, and income potential.
- Evaluate land and neighborhoods where properties are situated, considering locations and trends or impending changes that could influence future values.
- Check building codes and zoning bylaws to determine any effects on the properties being appraised.
- Verify legal descriptions of properties by comparing them to county records.
- Examine the type and location of nearby services, such as shopping centers, schools, parks, and other neighborhood features, to evaluate their impact on property values.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Real Estate Appraisers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare written reports that estimate property values, outline methods by which the estimations were made, and meet appraisal standards.
- Collect and analyze relevant data to identify real estate market trends.
- Inspect properties to evaluate construction, condition, special features, and functional design, and to take property measurements.
- Examine income records and operating costs of income properties.
- Search public records for transactions such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- How many hours do Real Estate Appraisers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Real Estate Appraisers
Related careers to Real Estate Appraisers
This career is also closely related to Appraiser, Bank Appraiser, Certified Real Estate Appraiser, Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, Engagement Director, Home Appraiser, Licensed Appraiser, Property Appraiser or Real Estate Appraiser.