In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Actuaries looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Actuaries[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Actuaries
Here is a list of tasks that Actuaries do every day.
- Ascertain premium rates required and cash reserves and liabilities necessary to ensure payment of future benefits.
- Analyze statistical information to estimate mortality, accident, sickness, disability, and retirement rates.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Actuaries do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Determine or help determine company policy, and explain complex technical matters to company executives, government officials, shareholders, policyholders, or the public.
- Design, review and help administer insurance, annuity and pension plans, determining financial soundness and calculating premiums.
- Provide advice to clients on a contract basis, working as a consultant.
- How many hours do Actuaries work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Actuaries
Related careers to Actuaries
This career is also closely related to Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Assistant, Actuarial Associate, Actuarial Consultant, Actuarial Mathematician, Actuary, Consulting Actuary, Health Actuary, Insurance Actuary or Pricing Actuary.