In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Architectural Drafters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Architectural Drafters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, , CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN, CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Architectural Drafters
Here is a list of tasks that Architectural Drafters do every day.
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Architectural Drafters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
- Analyze technical implications of architect’s design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- How many hours do Architectural Drafters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Architectural Drafters
Related careers to Architectural Drafters
This career is also closely related to Architect, Architect in Training, Architectural Computer-Aided Design Technician (Architectural CAD Technician), Architectural Designer, Architectural Drafter, Architectural Draftsman, Architectural Intern, Architectural Technician, Architectural Technologist or Architecture Drafter.