Day in the life of
Spa Manager – Vicky Noden
I am the owner and spa manager at Mayflower Spa Dorking. We are a luxury bespoke day spa in the heart of the Surrey hills, offering a menu of exquisite spa and beauty treatments.
My key responsibilities:
- Looking after my clients and making sure they have the best experience possible
- Looking after my therapists to make sure they enjoy their work
- Ensuring all standards of best practice are maintained
- Ensuring the smooth and profitable running of the spa
My day is far from routine and boring. It can start with the coffee run for the girls, hugs for a team member who is upset, hugs for a client who is upset, attending to paperwork, cash up, receipts, orders, invoices, appraisals, risk assessments and social media. We are a partnership-run business so we don’t have a HR or marketing department. We do this ourselves! Plus I answer the phone, take bookings, move bookings, reply to emails and think of social media content plus I may be required to do a massage or wax a bikini line! All in a days work!
- Working in a calm, relaxing environment surrounded by chilled out clients
- Doing a job I love with super people
- Drawing in the aroma that flows throughout our spa
- Being able to use as many delicious products as humanly possible
- Feeling proud of our achievement every day
- Maintaining my smiley face all day!
- Maintaining a chilled out exterior whilst my brain is juggling a million thoughts
plan, direct, or coordinate activities of a spa facility. Coordinate programs, schedule and direct staff, and oversee financial activities.