Day in the life of
Marriage and Family Therapist – Stalin Villegas Troya
Stalin Villegas TroyaMarriage and Family Therapist
My Typical Day
- Check the agenda and check if you are a new customer or not.
- New customer: Ready to listen, without judging, to evaluate in the most balanced way possible, to help them properly.
- Regular customer: Meditate on your case, there is already prior knowledge, analyze what the best alternatives are, how is your performance going, has it improved, you like to follow the suggestions, what is the best way to lead you to the correct conclusion
- Know my limitations. Know how far I can help, and when it is no longer my responsibility to participate in decisions that they must make.
- I don’t know all the answers. A humble attitude can help improve and develop new skills. Experience helps, but each individual case is different. If I think beforehand that it will be like a similar case, it does not allow me to do a good job.
- Planning for the next day.
- Much satisfaction when you have been able to help a family or a person. That is already a success.
- Allows you to change people’s perspective, with the correct words, asking guiding questions and they feel that they are part of the solution, that they have found the answer they were looking for.
- Affected family members can be protected, whether physical, emotional and even sexual. There is great responsibility in this.
- Helps develop personal qualities. Intelligence or insight in observing a family problem is not enough. Showing empathy, or sincere concern, can make it easier to achieve your desired goals.
- You learn to value your family. It is easier to help others when you teach by example. It is difficult to teach how to be successful in a marriage that is about to fall apart when mine has already failed. If I apply in my family what I advise others, it will go well for me. I am grateful that I am doing well, in my almost 30 years of marriage, with my only wife of all my life and my 3 children.
- You learn even with poor results. These experiences serve to help others. Logical, not to mention names, but they contribute to a better response to other families.
- You can be affected. If you are not careful, you can get involved in a particular case that affects your peace of mind, your emotions, and even your sleep. Great care.
- Sometimes you feel like you’ve failed. Sometimes you may evaluate your work and realize that you could do better. Learn from it, is what can be done
- Some don’t want real help. Some are just going to communicate more about what they are going to do, rather than ask for help. There are cases like this, and you have to accept it as it is. There’s nothing to do.
- You can be threatened, attacked, and even hated. When talking to particularly violent people, who do not want to give in, nor do they want to be contradicted, your work can be very challenging.
Stalin Villegas Troya
Marriage and Family Therapist
I am a licensed naturopathic doctor who has been helping people on their wellness journey for over 15 years. I specialize in Digestion and Hormonal dy … Read More
Marriage and Family Therapists
diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
Salary Rank: C
Education: Master's degree
Becoming One: Very Hard
Job Satisfaction: Very High
Job Growth: Very High
Suitable Personality: The Helper