In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
Here is a list of tasks that Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs do every day.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Test vehicle equipment, such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
- Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles and help them with any luggage.
- Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, such as cleaning spark plugs, or take vehicles to mechanics for servicing.
- How many hours do Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Exposed to Contaminants
Learn more about Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
Related careers to Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
This career is also closely related to Auto Driver, Bicycle Taxi Driver, Bus Driver, Cab Driver, Chauffeur, Corporate Driver, Courtesy Car Driver, Courtesy Van Driver, Crew Car Driver or Delivery Driver.