In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Obstetricians and Gynecologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Obstetricians and Gynecologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Here is a list of tasks that Obstetricians and Gynecologists do every day.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Obstetricians and Gynecologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- How many hours do Obstetricians and Gynecologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Overview | Job Description | Salary | Requirements | Is This Career Right For Me
Related careers to Obstetricians and Gynecologists
This career is also closely related to Attending Physician, Doctor, Gynecologist, Medical Doctor (MD), OB/GYN (Obstetrician / Gynecologist), OB/GYN Doctor (Obstetrics/Gynecology Doctor), OB/GYN Physician (Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician), Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Obstetrics and Gynecology Professor (OB/GYN Professor) or Obstetrics Gynecology Clinical Practitioner (Ob Gyn Clinical Practitioner).