In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Wind Turbine Service Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Wind Turbine Service Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”AUTO-MECHANICS, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Wind Turbine Service Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Wind Turbine Service Technicians do every day.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Wind Turbine Service Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- How many hours do Wind Turbine Service Technicians work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Outdoors, Under Cover
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Cramped Work Space, Awkward Positions
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Wind Turbine Service Technicians
Related careers to Wind Turbine Service Technicians
This career is also closely related to Field Service Technician, Lead Technician, Maintenance Technician, Offshore Wind Turbine Technician, Operations, Maintenance and Service Wind Turbine Technician (OMS Wind Turbine Technician), Senior Wind Turbine Technician, Small Wind Energy Installer, Technician, Wind Commissioning Technician or Wind Energy Mechanic.