In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Wholesale and Retail Buyers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Wholesale and Retail Buyers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CULINARY-ARTS, MARKETING, ACQUISITIONS-PROCUREMENT-MANAGEMENT, ACQUISITIONS-PROCUREMENT-MANAGEMENT, MARKETING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Wholesale and Retail Buyers
Here is a list of tasks that Wholesale and Retail Buyers do every day.
- Buy merchandise or commodities for resale to wholesale or retail consumers.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms, or transportation arrangements with suppliers.
- Obtain information about customer needs or preferences by conferring with sales or purchasing personnel.
- Collaborate with vendors to obtain or develop desired products.
- Provide clerks with information to print on price tags, such as price, mark-ups or mark-downs, manufacturer number, season code, or style number.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Wholesale and Retail Buyers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Examine, select, order, or purchase merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, or other factors, such as environmental soundness.
- Recommend mark-up rates, markdown rates, or merchandise selling prices.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, or economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Inspect merchandise or products to determine quality, value, or yield.
- How many hours do Wholesale and Retail Buyers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Wholesale and Retail Buyers
Related careers to Wholesale and Retail Buyers
This career is also closely related to Art Dealer, Buyer, Buyer Assistant, Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Contracts Specialist, Fashion Buyer, Fur Buyer, Gold Buyer or Grocery Buyer.