In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Web Administrators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Web Administrators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Web Administrators
Here is a list of tasks that Web Administrators do every day.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Administer internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), news and mail servers.
- Monitor web developments through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Web Administrators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Review or update web page content or links in a timely manner, using appropriate tools.
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Collaborate with web developers to create and operate internal and external web sites, or to manage projects, such as e-marketing campaigns.
- Gather, analyze, or document user feedback to locate or resolve sources of problems.
- How many hours do Web Administrators work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Web Administrators
Related careers to Web Administrators
This career is also closely related to Computer Project Manager, Computer Systems Administrator, Computing Services Director, Corporate Webmaster, E-business Specialist, Electronic Transaction Implementer, Information Technology Manager (IT Manager), Internet Database Specialist, Internet E-commerce Specialist or Internet eCommerce Specialist.