In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Waiters and Waitresses looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Waiters and Waitresses[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Waiters and Waitresses
Here is a list of tasks that Waiters and Waitresses do every day.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Waiters and Waitresses do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- How many hours do Waiters and Waitresses work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Waiters and Waitresses
Related careers to Waiters and Waitresses
This career is also closely related to Banquet Captain, Banquet Server, Banquet Waiter/Waitress, Bar Waiter/Waitress, Bartender, Buffet Waiter/Waitress, Captain Waiter, Car Hop, Cashier and Waiter/Waitress or Club Waiter/Waitress.