In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Treasurers and Controllers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Treasurers and Controllers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING, FINANCE, INTERNATIONAL-FINANCE, FINANCE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Treasurers and Controllers
Here is a list of tasks that Treasurers and Controllers do every day.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Receive cash and checks and make deposits.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Treasurers and Controllers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- How many hours do Treasurers and Controllers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Treasurers and Controllers
Related careers to Treasurers and Controllers
This career is also closely related to Business Manager, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief School Finance Officer, City Comptroller, City Controller, City Treasurer, Comptroller, Controller, Controller, Operations, and HR Manager or Corporate Controller.