In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Travel Guides looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Travel Guides[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TOURISM-MANAGEMENT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Travel Guides
Here is a list of tasks that Travel Guides do every day.
- Sell travel packages.
- Give advice on sightseeing and shopping.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Travel Guides do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Plan tour itineraries, applying knowledge of travel routes and destination sites.
- Resolve any problems with itineraries, service, or accommodations.
- Arrange for tour or expedition details such as accommodations, transportation, equipment, and the availability of medical personnel.
- Evaluate services received on the tour, and report findings to tour organizers.
- Pay bills and record checks issued.
- How many hours do Travel Guides work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Travel Guides
Related careers to Travel Guides
This career is also closely related to Alpine Guide, Cruise Agent, Cruise Consultant, Cruise Coordinator, Cruise Counselor, Cruise Director, Cruise Guide, Destination Coordinator, Destination Imagination Coordinator or Dude Wrangler.