In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Travel Agents looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Travel Agents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SALES, TOURISM-MANAGEMENT, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Travel Agents
Here is a list of tasks that Travel Agents do every day.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour’s costs.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- How many hours do Travel Agents work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Travel Agents
Related careers to Travel Agents
This career is also closely related to Auto Travel Counselor, Certified Corporate Travel Executive, Certified Travel Counselor, Corporate Travel Agent, Corporate Travel Consultant, Corporate Travel Counselor, Corporate Travel Expert, Tour Agent, Tour Coordinator or Travel Agent.