In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Transportation Security Screeners looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Transportation Security Screeners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Transportation Security Screeners
Here is a list of tasks that Transportation Security Screeners do every day.
- Inspect carry-on items, using x-ray viewing equipment, to determine whether items contain objects that warrant further investigation.
- Search carry-on or checked baggage by hand when it is suspected to contain prohibited items such as weapons.
- Check passengers’ tickets to ensure that they are valid, and to determine whether passengers have designations that require special handling, such as providing photo identification.
- Test baggage for any explosive materials, using equipment such as explosive detection machines or chemical swab systems.
- Perform pat-down or hand-held wand searches of passengers who have triggered machine alarms, who are unable to pass through metal detectors, or who have been randomly identified for such searches.
- How many hours do Transportation Security Screeners work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Extremely Bright or Inadequate Lighting
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Radiation
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Transportation Security Screeners
Related careers to Transportation Security Screeners
This career is also closely related to Airline Security Representative, Airport Baggage Screener, Airport Screener, Airport Security Screener, Bag Checker, Baggage Inspector, Baggage Screener, Baggage Security Checker, Flight Security Specialist or Passenger Screener.