In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Transportation Planners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Transportation Planners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”EDUCATION-TEACHING, LIBERAL-ARTS, GERONTOLOGY, BEHAVIORAL-SCIENCES, PUBLIC-POLICY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Transportation Planners
Here is a list of tasks that Transportation Planners do every day.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national levels.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Transportation Planners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare reports or recommendations on transportation planning.
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use, or traffic projections.
- Participate in public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs.
- Define regional or local transportation planning problems or priorities.
- Analyze and interpret data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases.
- How many hours do Transportation Planners work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Transportation Planners
Related careers to Transportation Planners
This career is also closely related to Planner, Planning Director, Seaport Planning Manager, Transit Planner, Transit Planning Director, Transportation Analyst, Transportation Consultant, Transportation Modeler, Transportation Planner or .