In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tour Guides and Escorts looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tour Guides and Escorts[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tour Guides and Escorts
Here is a list of tasks that Tour Guides and Escorts do every day.
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
- Monitor visitors’ activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
- Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tour Guides and Escorts do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct educational activities for school children.
- Research various topics, including site history, environmental conditions, and clients’ skills and abilities to plan appropriate expeditions, instruction, and commentary.
- How many hours do Tour Guides and Escorts work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Tour Guides and Escorts
Related careers to Tour Guides and Escorts
This career is also closely related to Admitting Office Escort, Alpine Guide, Art Museum Aide, Art Museum Docent, Deckhand, Discovery Guide, Docent, Driver/Guide, Education Specialist or Environmental Educator.