In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tile and Marble Setters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tile and Marble Setters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, CONSTRUCTION, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tile and Marble Setters
Here is a list of tasks that Tile and Marble Setters do every day.
- Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools.
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares, and straightedges.
- Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern.
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tile and Marble Setters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Cut, surface, polish, and install marble and granite or install pre-cast terrazzo, granite or marble units.
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile, and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
- Prepare surfaces for tiling by attaching lath or waterproof paper, or by applying a cement mortar coat to a metal screen.
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tile.
- How many hours do Tile and Marble Setters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Tile and Marble Setters
Related careers to Tile and Marble Setters
This career is also closely related to Acoustical Carpenter, Acoustical Installer, Acoustical Material Worker, Ceramic Tile Installer, Ceramic Tile Mechanic, Ceramic Tile Setter, Floor Layer Tile, Granite Installer, Hard Tile Setter or Hard Tile Setter Apprentice.