In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Teacher Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Teacher Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TEACHER-ASSISTING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Teacher Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Teacher Assistants do every day.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Teacher Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
- Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas and submit outlines to teachers for review.
- Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
- How many hours do Teacher Assistants work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Teacher Assistants
Related careers to Teacher Assistants
This career is also closely related to Assistant Elementary Teacher, Assistant Reading Teacher, At Risk Paraprofessional, Basic Skills Improvement Program Instructional Aide (BSIP Instructional Aide), Bilingual Teacher Aide, Bilingual Teacher Assistant, Campus Aide, Classroom Aide, Classroom Teacher or Clerical Aide Teacher.