In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tapers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tapers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tapers
Here is a list of tasks that Tapers do every day.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tapers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard.
- Countersink nails or screws below surfaces of walls before applying sealing compounds, using hammers or screwdrivers.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.
- Apply texturizing compounds or primers to walls or ceilings before final finishing, using trowels, brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.
- How many hours do Tapers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Tapers
Related careers to Tapers
This career is also closely related to Drywall Finisher, Drywall Finisher Foreman, Drywall Finishing Foreman, Drywall Foreman, Drywall Mechanic, Drywall Taper, Finisher, Sheet Rock Taper, Taper or Taper/Finisher.