In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SUBSTANCE-ABUSE-ADDICTION-COUNSELING, SOCIAL-WORK, PASTORAL-COUNSELING, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Here is a list of tasks that Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors do every day.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients’ histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals’ mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Supervise or direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Review and evaluate clients’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Intervene as an advocate for clients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in client status.
- How many hours do Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Related careers to Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
This career is also closely related to Addiction Therapist, Addictions Counselor, Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Alcoholic Counselor, Assessment Specialist, Behavior Therapist, Behavioral Analyst, Behavioral Specialist, Behavioral Therapist or Case Manager.