In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Statisticians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Statisticians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BIOLOGY, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Statisticians
Here is a list of tasks that Statisticians do every day.
- Develop software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Statisticians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Plan data collection methods for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
- How many hours do Statisticians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Statisticians
Related careers to Statisticians
This career is also closely related to Analytical Statistician, Applied Statistician, Assistant Division Chief for Statistical Program Management, Clinical Data Coordinator, Clinical Statistics Manager, Education Research Analyst, Human Resource Statistician, Institutional Research Director, Mathematical Statistician or Private Statistical/Psychometric Consultant.