In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Speech-Language Pathology Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Speech-Language Pathology Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY, HEALTHCARE-TECHNOLOGY, MEDICAL-ASSISTING, PHYSICIANS-ASSISTANT, REHABILITATION-THERAPY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Speech-Language Pathology Assistants do every day.
- Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Document clients’ progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Perform support duties such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Collect and compile data to document clients’ performance or assess program quality.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Speech-Language Pathology Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the conduct of client screenings or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing.
- Conduct in-service training sessions, or family and community education programs.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate clients’ performance information.
- How many hours do Speech-Language Pathology Assistants work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
Related careers to Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
This career is also closely related to Assistant Speech-Language Pathologist, Communication Assistant, Speech – Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA), Speech and Language Assistant, Speech and Language Tutor, Speech Correction Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist Assistant, Speech Language Pathology Assistant, Speech Pathologist Assistant or Speech Pathology Assistant.