In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Solderers and Brazers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Solderers and Brazers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, WELDING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Solderers and Brazers
Here is a list of tasks that Solderers and Brazers do every day.
- Examine seams for defects and rework defective joints or broken parts.
- Align and clamp workpieces together, using rules, squares, or hand tools, or position items in fixtures, jigs, or vises.
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Clean workpieces to remove dirt or excess acid, using chemical solutions, files, wire brushes, or grinders.
- Grind, cut, buff, or bend edges of workpieces to be joined to ensure snug fit, using power grinders and hand tools.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Solderers and Brazers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Connect hoses from torches to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified gas fuels.
- Sweat together workpieces coated with solder.
- Cut carbon electrodes to specified sizes and shapes, using cutoff saws.
- How many hours do Solderers and Brazers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Solderers and Brazers
Related careers to Solderers and Brazers
This career is also closely related to Acetylene Burner, Acetylene Operator, Acetylene Torch Operator, Acetylene Torch Solderer, Assembler Brazer, Assembly Line Brazer, Barrel Ribs Solderer, Blow Torch Burner, Blow Torch Operator or Bonder.