In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Solar Energy Systems Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Solar Energy Systems Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENTAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Solar Energy Systems Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Solar Energy Systems Engineers do every day.
- (Information coming soon)
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Solar Energy Systems Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- How many hours do Solar Energy Systems Engineers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Solar Energy Systems Engineers
Related careers to Solar Energy Systems Engineers
This career is also closely related to Consulting Engineer, Distributed Energy Systems Consultant, Energy Systems Laboratory Director, Engineering Vice President, Field Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, Renewable Energy Division Manager, Research Engineer, Solar Applications Development Engineer or Solar Design Engineer.