In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
Here is a list of tasks that Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers do every day.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- How many hours do Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
Related careers to Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
This career is also closely related to Game Tester, Inspector, Product Assurance Engineer, Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst), Quality Assurance Director (QA Director), Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Engineer, Quality Systems Manager or Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer).