In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Systems Software Software Developers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Systems Software Software Developers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Systems Software Software Developers
Here is a list of tasks that Systems Software Software Developers do every day.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Systems Software Software Developers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- How many hours do Systems Software Software Developers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Systems Software Software Developers
Related careers to Systems Software Software Developers
This career is also closely related to Automation Engineer, Beta Tester, Certified Novell Engineer (CNE), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Computer Architect, Computer Engineer, Computer Systems Engineer, Computer Systems Software Architect or Computer Systems Software Engineer.