In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Applications Software Developers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Applications Software Developers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Applications Software Developers
Here is a list of tasks that Applications Software Developers do every day.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Applications Software Developers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- How many hours do Applications Software Developers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Applications Software Developers
Related careers to Applications Software Developers
This career is also closely related to .NET Developer, Application Architect, Application Integration Engineer, Application Integrator, Applications Analyst, Applications Developer, Applications Engineer, Applications Programmer, Applications Quality Assurance Specialist or Applications Software Engineering Information Technology Specialist.