In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Sociologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Sociologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BUSINESS-INTELLIGENCE-ANALYSIS, CRIMINOLOGY, LIBERAL-ARTS, SOCIOLOGY, SOCIOLOGY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Sociologists
Here is a list of tasks that Sociologists do every day.
- Direct work of statistical clerks, statisticians, and others who compile and evaluate research data.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Sociologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare publications and reports containing research findings.
- Analyze and interpret data to increase the understanding of human social behavior.
- Plan and conduct research to develop and test theories about societal issues such as crime, group relations, poverty, and aging.
- Collect data about the attitudes, values, and behaviors of people in groups, using observation, interviews, and review of documents.
- Teach sociology.
- How many hours do Sociologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Sociologists
Related careers to Sociologists
This career is also closely related to Behavioral Scientist, Career Analyst, Clinical Evaluator, Clinical Sociologist, Criminologist, Disability Statistics Assistant, Evaluation Manager, Family Sociologist, Foundation Program Director or International Health Director (Health Science Administration).