In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Social and Community Service Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Social and Community Service Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HUMAN-SERVICES, SOCIAL-SCIENCES, PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, SOCIAL-WORK, SOCIAL-SCIENCES” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Social and Community Service Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Social and Community Service Managers do every day.
- Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Provide direct service and support to individuals or clients, such as handling a referral for child advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
- Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Social and Community Service Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
- Plan and administer budgets for programs, equipment, and support services.
- Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
- How many hours do Social and Community Service Managers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Social and Community Service Managers
Related careers to Social and Community Service Managers
This career is also closely related to Adoption Services Manager, Adult Daycare Coordinator, Borough Coordinator, Bureau Director, Child Welfare Director, Children’s Service Supervisor, Clinical Services Director, Club Manager, Community Center Director or Community Organization Director.