In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Skincare Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Skincare Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COSMETOLOGY, COSMETOLOGY, AESTHETICS-ESTHETICS-SKIN-CARE, AESTHETICS-ESTHETICS-SKIN-CARE, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Skincare Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Skincare Specialists do every day.
- Sterilize equipment and clean work areas.
- Examine clients’ skin, using magnifying lamps or visors when necessary, to evaluate skin condition and appearance.
- Cleanse clients’ skin with water, creams, or lotions.
- Demonstrate how to clean and care for skin properly and recommend skin-care regimens.
- Select and apply cosmetic products such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Skincare Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends, products, research, and treatments.
- Refer clients to medical personnel for treatment of serious skin problems.
- Remove body and facial hair by applying wax.
- Apply chemical peels to reduce fine lines and age spots.
- Advise clients about colors and types of makeup and instruct them in makeup application techniques.
- How many hours do Skincare Specialists work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Skincare Specialists
Related careers to Skincare Specialists
This career is also closely related to Aesthetician, Beauty Therapist, Clinical Esthetician, Electrolysis Needle Operator, Electrolysis Operator, Electrolysist, Esthetic Dermatologist, Esthetician, Esthetician and Manager, Medical Spa or Esthetician Facialist.