In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Security Guards looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Security Guards[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Security Guards
Here is a list of tasks that Security Guards do every day.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Security Guards do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- How many hours do Security Guards work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Learn more about Security Guards
Related careers to Security Guards
This career is also closely related to Airline Security Representative, Airport Screener, Airport Security Screener, Alarm Investigator, Armed Guard, Armed Security Guard, Armored Car Driver, Armored Car Guard, Bag Checker or Baggage Inspector.