In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Secretaries and Administrative Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Secretaries and Administrative Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Secretaries and Administrative Assistants do every day.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Secretaries and Administrative Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- How many hours do Secretaries and Administrative Assistants work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Related careers to Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
This career is also closely related to Admin Assistant, Admin Secretary, Administrative Aide, Administrative and Program Specialist, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Associate, Administrative Clerk, Administrative Coordinator, Administrative Liaison or Administrative Resources Associate.